Monday, September 01, 2008

Browser Wars: Google Enters the Fray

Leave it to Google to take all the excitement out of Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2. With the slip of a mouse click, Google published a comic touting its new "Chrome" browser and the world (as well as the GOOG stock price) will never be the same. The browser comes out tomorrow; I'm interested, excited, and skeptical. I am, after all, a true browser snob. I've been from Netscape to IE6 to Firefox 2 to Maxthon 2.0 to IE7 back to Maxthon 2.0 to Firefox 3 (to IE8 Beta 2). I'll let you know my feelings on having my Internet experienced "chromed" out (pun intended). It's official:
Visit http://www.google.com/chrome to download and start exploring. (For the moment, it's available only for Windows users, but you can sign up on the download page to learn when the Mac and Linux versions are available.)

3 comments:

Tyson said...

So this is what our blog looks like in Google Chrome... Wow... It looks about the same as in every other browser... Interesting...

Tyson said...

And seriously; our blog has the most awesome soundtrack. You cannot deny that.

Anonymous said...

Sara - It's Jodie!! Woo Hoo I found ya. But is this really the only way to leave a message. Your page needs some color! The chrome is awesome, but insert some color and spice it up!!
See ya at a night of dance off's!