Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tyson = Official Science Fiction Fan

If the article published in Friday's edition of the Salt Lake Tribune has any truth to it, I should be reading the Eldest (right now) instead of antitrust regulations and rules of construction as they relate to assignment of claims. But reporters will be reporters (as I too was once):

Tyson Snow has waited for three years to find out the fate of his favorite dragon rider, Eragon.

The 30-year-old lawyer reads the fantasy series as a lighthearted escape from days spent reading contracts and regulations.

"Books such as this have brought reading science fiction and fantasy from the fringe into the mainstream," said Snow, who lives in Sandy. "That's a good thing because it provides creativity and the opportunity to sit back and enjoy a good story as a way of escaping the mundane and difficult things each of us faces every day."

Sci-fi fans eager for release of Paolini's latest, Brisingr [Credit: The Salt Lake Tribune]

Bring on Brisingr!

5 comments:

Tyson said...

Comments are welcome...

Tat said...

Congratulations! You're officially a geek! JK... I'm a big sci-fi fan, too, although not particularly of the Eragon series. Hope you're doing well.

jet said...

You're famous!
Seriously, how did they ever find you? I thought that law office was keeping you under lock and chain!

jet said...

On an unrelated note, I'm surprised to see your lack of announcement on Travis Barker and DJ AM (Mandy Moore's current beau). I'm still upset. :(

Anonymous said...

Are we seriously calling people geeks still? Alright Tyson, I will line up with you if that's the case. I admit it, I loved the Eragon tale. Am dying to see the next Harry potter film, I am a complete GEEK! it's cool, the first step is admitting, isn't it?

Hey you two our blog is going private so send me your e-mail so I can send you an invite!!
jodiegarlick@msn.com :)