Sunday, February 10, 2008

Riverdance!!!

That's right - we went to Riverdance last Friday. It was awesome. There was a rough patch when we showed up, looked for our sweet seats (thanks to Tys), and found the row completely full, including our seats. We checked with an usher, who then proceeded to interview each couple on the row - apparently lots of people were in the wrong seats, but that didn't help us from feeling self-conscious for the whole process. I guess a couple was there who had tickets to the showing on Saturday (yikes), then two other couples were in the wrong seats - displaced by the folks on the wrong day. Eventually, we got our seats.

The show really was fun. Now really, every time I think of Riverdance, I think of Friends. You know the episode - where Chandler's secret fear is revealed - Michael Flatley (the Irish gig guy? asks Joey) ---- "his legs flail about as if independent from his body!" Scary as it may be - I was totally impressed - such quickness and precision! Quite amazing dancing ...

We also had a cute intermission show, where three little girls started doing the irish dancing - people all around, including up on the balcony, where clapping for them - although we couldn't really see their feet, we could see their heads bobbing together as they moved around the tiny space near their seats.

Yay for riverdance ... and the silly music that is stuck in my head - causing me to tap my feet when nobody is looking.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have always wanted to go but I am not sure I will ever be able to convince John (even though he served his mission in Scotland). He makes a strange face everytime I have mentioned it. However, I did convince him to go to the new IMAX U2 concert some time or rather I told him that we are going some time!!

Tyson said...

You should go. I think I enjoyed the music as much as the dancing. I'm sure John would like the music too. I think this is the last tour they are doing, so try and get in on it if you can. We really enjoyed it.