Thursday, April 17, 2008

Diagnosed...

The neurologist calls it Idiopathic Seizure Disorder (which is a more politically-correct way of saying "epilepsy" or "idiopathic epilepsy")... The prognosis is good: the condition is very treatable and there do not appear to be any tumors, strokes, aneurysms, physical deformaties, scars, or other injuries to my brain (which are all potential causes of an epileptic disorder). It is "idiopathic," which means that they don't know exactly what is causing it. I have a bunch more tests lined up and we'll see if the doctors can't add any clarity. The real bummer is that I can't drive for a while. Oh well. Could be much worse. Hooray for TRAX.

4 comments:

Tat said...

Hooray for TRAX, indeed! We love you guys! Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Melissa said...

In you case I thought maybe the idiopathic stood for idiot ;) Am I right Jet...

Tyson said...

Touche

Paul Jones said...

Dude:

Don't forget how close we live. I'm serious when I say I'm happy to give you a boost wherever you need, especially while you're wings are clipped and can't drive.

Best,
Paul