Monday, July 08, 2013

Review: Michael Vey 2: Rise of the Elgen


Michael Vey 2: Rise of the Elgen
Michael Vey 2: Rise of the Elgen by Richard Paul Evans

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



The first Michael Vey book was great. This one was basically the exact opposite. I don't think it was particularly clever. I RPE could have done a much better job with the characters. The story, the setting, and the use of the characters' special "powers" each lacked creativity. Candidly, this is what I expected to get from RPE in the first Michael Vey book. Maybe this is the proverbial sophomore slump and the third book will be back on track. I hope so because the ending to this book was fairly lame but I was happy to get to the end so I could move on to something else (and that is just kind of sad).



View all my reviews

No comments: